rds :: graphikos
Kawa and Kawa-Mac Resources
I have tried to amass things that will be of interest to Kawa users in general and Kawa Macintosh users specifically.
I recently gathered all the builds created for OS9 from various sources and listed them on Kawa Caveats, Notes, Downloads.
- Kawa Scheme System on Macintosh OS X Current
- Kawa Scheme System on Macintosh OS X 10.1
- Kawa Scheme System on Macintosh OS Classic
- Kawa Notes, Downloads, Caveats
- Running Kawa in Emacs
- This isn't necessary for experienced unix users, but may be of interest to those new to Unix or Emacs.
- Supporting dynamic languages on the Java virtual machine
- With MS supporting many languages atop .net, perhaps Sun will finally wake up to these issues.
- Languages for the Java VM
- The most comprehensive listing of languages on the JVM, with many Scheme and Lisp implementations
- Kawa Papers
- Per wrote most of these a few years ago, but they are still valuable
- Kawa, the Java-based Scheme system
- Kawa documentation and mailing list archives
Macintosh Related Articles
The O'Reilly Network has a series of columns specifically targeted at Java development on MacOSX.
- Java Programming on the Mac
- Shell Scripts, Command Lines, and Classpaths
- Building a Simple Java Application in Mac OS X
- Running Java Applications on Mac OS X
- This column demonstrates the use of MRJAppBuilder on MacOSX
Macintosh Technical Notes
Apple Documentation for Java development on MacOSX.
- Mac OS X 10.1 Release Notes: Java
- Mac OS X 10.1.1 Java Release Notes
- The foregoing are must reads for anyone running or developing Java on MacOSX